Presenting anew location in our fifth season of waterfall rappelling opportunities near Mumbai this Sunday, 30th September, 2012.
The monsoons are a special time in the Sahyadri, with lush greenery, enchanting weather and streams and waterfalls everywhere. While we take a break from most mountaineering activities in the monsoon, the one that we do a lot of happens to be waterfall rappelling, which is rappelling down a waterfall, right through the water. This is an exhilarating and unforgettable experience, and if you haven’t done it yet, it is high time you did.
Here is some information about the trip to Vihi :
Type: Thrilling Waterfall
Height: 150 Feet (Approx)
Meeting Point at Kasara Railway station at the Nashik End of the Platform on East side at 09:30 hrs
TRAIN INFO: CST (07:05 am), Dadar (07:19 am), Thane (07:47 am), Kalyan (08:08 am), Kasara (09:26 am)
SYMBOL ON INDICATOR WILL BE “N” – Most of us will be in the third compartment from the engine.
Note 1: Please purchase ‘Return’ tickets for Kasara
Note 2: Please carry your own Lunch for the day. Misal will be provided for breakfast in the morning.
The itinerary for the Event is given below:
- Meet at Kasara (09:00 am)
- Introduction (15min)
- Breakfast outside station (30min)
- Travel to Vihi (30 min)
- Instructions (20min)
- Rappelling starts at 10:35
We should be back at Kasara station at 6.00PM (Subject to prevailing factors)
The cost of this Event would be Rs. 850/-
The above cost includes:
- Travel from Kasara to Vihi & Back by local tempo or available transport
- 1 Rappel down the waterfall
- All Equipment & Expertise charges.
Please get in touch with Raka on 9869433342 or 8108833342 to register.
Important Note: Seats Limited
Registrations will be confirmed only on the receiving of fees. People who pay first will be allowed to do the activity first
Extra Rappel will Cost Rs. 200 and will be allowed only after the entire group has finished.
Here is a list of all the things that need to be carried for the trek:
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking. Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. Packing items in plastic bags will keep them dry.
- At least 1 liter of water. (Compulsory – even more would be better)
- A set of Spare clothes.
- Ensure that you wear appropriate footwear/clothes.
- Lunch for the day
- Camera and valuables at your own risk
Few rules that we would like people to follow:
- Possession and/or consumption of Alcohol or any intoxicants will result in expulsion from group and no refunds will be issued.
- Smoking is permitted with consent of group or at a distance from group in case of *any* objections.
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or gold chains/rings.
- Please do not litter – may be useful to keep a plastic bag for trash.